FF14 - Renewal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FF14 - Renewal

A forum for the members of the Final Fantasy 14 Free Company -Renew- on the Gilgamesh server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Future in Eorzea

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Future in Eorzea Empty Future in Eorzea 2/18/2015, 5:25 pm

AerinAlsolenta

AerinAlsolenta

I find myself at a crossroads. My subscription is about up for FFXIV and the expansion is coming out "soon." With me at the point where I'm uncertain whether I want to keep playing even. Most of the game feels like it's come down to numbers, and waiting for the next part of the story to come out. I'm curious about the new classes, but invested in the ones I have. The game either isn't challenging where it should be, a grind for levels/gear, or waiting for queues. When I do log in I mostly just sit by the fire in the front yard. This may be because of my overall emotional state irl, but FFXIV just isn't being as rewarding recently as it was. As I said the other day in game, it's starting to just feel like a checklist.

So I find myself at a loss on if I want to invest in the expansion or more time. At the rate things are going, likelihood is I'll stop logging in, let my time run out and not get the expansion. As I said, it may be related to my emotional state since all that happened in the last year and culminated in a hell of a christmas season, so who knows. I'll try to log in for the weddings tonight though. Well wishes and smiles from me if I forget or don't make it though.

2Future in Eorzea Empty Re: Future in Eorzea 2/19/2015, 4:40 am

Alberta Gui

Alberta Gui

*hugs*

3Future in Eorzea Empty Re: Future in Eorzea 2/20/2015, 2:29 pm

Moriarty Mondragon

Moriarty Mondragon

well know that it's not only you that is guessing whether or not is worth keep playing the game...

4Future in Eorzea Empty Re: Future in Eorzea 2/22/2015, 7:32 pm

AerinAlsolenta

AerinAlsolenta

Aye, and finances are a part of it as well. On a more exciting note: Dungeon Fighter Online is having an open beta starting in march, which is particularly exciting to me. (I have a bit of a history with it.)

5Future in Eorzea Empty Re: Future in Eorzea 2/23/2015, 8:12 pm

AerinAlsolenta

AerinAlsolenta

https://m.facebook.com/dfoglobal

And there be a link to their Facebook for any interested parties.

6Future in Eorzea Empty Re: Future in Eorzea 2/25/2015, 7:15 pm

Moriarty Mondragon

Moriarty Mondragon

is this really a facebook page? it's by far the weirdest page I've seen... lol
I couldn't make any sense of the page so if you have any other reference material I would appreciate.

FYI

I talked myself outta the idea of leaving the game. All things said and considered I wanna play as a Dark Knight... well who doesnt? I still remember how I loathed this class in FFT for PSOne. it's such a shame I couldn't play it at the time because I was so obsessed over it that I was literally transcript the whole game so I could read the story whenever I wanted. that was insane... lol

7Future in Eorzea Empty Re: Future in Eorzea 2/25/2015, 8:44 pm

Steven Mcnubbin

Steven Mcnubbin

Aerin posted a link from mobile, that's why it looks so weird.

Try this one: https://www.facebook.com/dfoglobal

8Future in Eorzea Empty Re: Future in Eorzea 2/28/2015, 8:53 am

AerinAlsolenta

AerinAlsolenta

Yea, sorry about the funky link. <_<

Part of why I'm so excited about this game and the upcoming beta is because it helped me through a dark time in my life. So I may be romantasizing my memories of it, but either way, it's a good golden Axe kind of game with an easy learning curve.

9Future in Eorzea Empty Re: Future in Eorzea 3/27/2015, 9:29 pm

AerinAlsolenta

AerinAlsolenta

Started a new job recently and actually uninstalled FFXIV from my computer. I may revisit, but so far as mmorpgs go, DFO(I can't recommend it enough, the open beta started recently) will be my main thing. So far.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum