FF14 - Renewal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FF14 - Renewal

A forum for the members of the Final Fantasy 14 Free Company -Renew- on the Gilgamesh server!

You are not connected. Please login or register

A heartfelt goodbye

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A heartfelt goodbye Empty A heartfelt goodbye 12/30/2014, 3:51 am

Xenomancer

Xenomancer

I always have an odd sense of intuition in life. Whenever something big is on the horizon for me, I see the clouds. But I am never able to see if it's rain, wind, lightning, or otherwise... I just see the shade and hear some semblance of rumbles as the wind rustles through the trees.

But enough of the metaphorical imagery, allow me to get to the meat.

Within the past 48 hours, I had a friend that was stateside go and demo my room and resign from the guild. There was no ill will, and this was 100% completely authorized, and not a hack attack at all.

What was going to be a holiday visit to see my dad in Qatar and to get a minor surgery on my stomach to help me lose weight turned out to be my father becoming a moral hazard, threatening that if I went back home, that he would pull financial support. I asked him why, and he said that I was going to leave my old life behind and begin "adult life" by working here in Qatar. I told him I already had a life, and that I am passing my classes, but then we commenced an intensely heated debate.

I argued with him, and in the end, his logic was better because he was right: 1) I need a better life 2) I need to begin making money 3) Ohio has no opportunities for me. I still admonished him because in the end, he had to lie in order for me to be successful. He admitted that this was terrible form, as always to my dad, he has a mind that says "the ends justify the means." He knows I will be angry for a while, but once I become successful, I will forgive him.

Meanwhile, I am passing out my CV to many people. I already had one job interview, and am having others asking for me, too.

Now to bring things back to how this relates to FFXIV-- I will not be able to get back on for some time, and even then, I have no clue when I'll be able to resume anything at all.

I came back on to reclaim my unfinished story of Itavo Jahdel, as it is my intellectual property, and to at the very least, give a proper explanation and goodbye.

I know that I've had my disagreements with folks along the way, but even the higher-ups know that under that vitriol, righteous indignation, fire and brimstone, bravado, and thespian enthusiasm, that I'm a stand-up, earnest fellow that does his best to abide by the cards dealt to him in life.

I love you all. Thank you for the awesome experience. Rest assured, one of my expenditures from my first monthly paycheck (once I land a nice job) will be a new rig!

FFXIV forever,

-Itavo's Player

PS Zuelia r0x0rs my s0x0rs

2A heartfelt goodbye Empty Re: A heartfelt goodbye 12/30/2014, 4:30 am

Alberta Gui

Alberta Gui

Good luck in all your ventures, Itavo.

3A heartfelt goodbye Empty Re: A heartfelt goodbye 12/31/2014, 4:34 pm

Aston

Aston

Very heartfelt and touching my friend. Itavo i wish you the best of luck in your adventures and await your return.

4A heartfelt goodbye Empty Re: A heartfelt goodbye 12/31/2014, 8:48 pm

Loops Fiasco

Loops Fiasco

I wish you the best Itavo. Look forward to your return and here's hoping I am there that day.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum